Saturday, March 29, 2008







This past week I was in Memphis, TN at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital giving a talk, presenting a poster, and talking with the faculty as part of the National Graduate Student Symposium. It was a truly humbling experience to be there with some of the smartest graduate students and faculty that I have ever come in contact with. By far the most memorable thing about this trip, however, was seeing the children. Each day as I walked through the halls I saw children with cancer or other diseases. Each of them were surrounded by their families and while so sick, they were still kind enough to smile back when you smiled at them. I feel that this would be a great atmosphere in which to work in the future. Everyone there clearly had one goal and that was to improve the lives of these children and eventually cure pediatric cancer. I had a very good time at St. Jude.

4 comments:

Kylee said...

It may be a good place to work, therefore I will support you if you do go. But we will miss you like crazy! (As if we don't already...)

Isaac, Kelsie, and Adlee said...

Sheesh! While you spend your days coming up with cures for cancer...I blog about Judge Judy. I am lame!

Kortney said...

Chipotle. My only concern is Chipotle.

Brandon & Meghan said...

That is very cool Tay!! We need more people like you in this world